Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding Senior or Principal Scientist to join our Nanotechnology group. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop non-viral delivery tools for gene therapy applications in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology. This person will conceive, design, synthesize, characterize, and optimize novel cationic lipid and lipid-like materials, and work closely with screening, pharmacology, analytical chemistry, and formulations teams within Poseida. As a member of Poseida’s senior scientific staff, this person will mentor and manage junior scientists, and contribute broadly to the Company’s R&D activities.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Develop libraries of novel synthetic lipid and lipid-like materials suitable for use in nucleic acid delivery in vivo or ex vivo
- Synthesize and characterize lipids and related molecules at small scale to enable Posieda to rapidly address establish feasibility for diverse nanoformulation concepts
- Design and optimize synthetic routes, and manage work performed at CRO/partner sites
- Work closely with formulations and screening teams to establish structure-activity relationships for novel cationic lipid and lipid-like nanomaterials
- Co-ordinate strategy with IP counsel and perform patent-directed research aimed at growing the Company’s delivery solutions portfolio
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD in organic, synthetic, or medicinal chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical/material science, or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing lipids, lipidoid, or closely related compounds, preferably in the context of combinatorial library generation
- Hands-on experience with LC-MS, NMR, and preparative LC is required
- Fluency in US patenting process, claim structure, and patentability considerations
- Strong understanding of potency and ADMET considerations for nucleic acid delivery vehicles, and ability to optimize compound series based on multi-dimensional data
- Prior experience with common tools used in biopharmaceutical discovery chemistry, including software for data visualization, structure annotation, compound library management, and screening
- The ability to work independently within a diverse team of scientists
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org