Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding Senior or Principal Scientist to join our Nanotechnology group in San Diego, CA. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop delivery tools for gene therapy applications in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene insertion and editing technology. This person will be responsible for overseeing the development of analytical methods to support discovery chemistry and in vivo pharmacology studies for diverse cell and gene therapy programs. As a member of Poseida’s senior scientific staff, this person will mentor and manage junior scientists, and contribute broadly to the Company’s R&D activities.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Oversee method development to support early ADME/DMPK studies for various gene therapy programs
- Utilize in-house and contract resources to develop chemical and biophysical analytical methods for characterizing nanoparticle-formulated DNA/RNA drug products, raw materials, and bioanalytes
- Evaluate novel analytical technologies and propose new assays
- Write/review method SOPs and oversee execution by junior scientists
- Support discovery formulation teams with routine method development/qualification as needed
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical science, biophysics, or equivalent and 5+ years relevant experience in a drug discovery/development setting
- Deep understanding of the fundamental principles of analytical method development
- Expertise in LC-MS/MS and prior experience supporting ADME/DMPK studies for a drug delivery system is required for this role
- Familiarity with methods for characterizing the physiochemical properties of nanoformulated nucleic acids, including light scattering (DLS, MALS, NTA), zeta potential, electron microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Prior analytical experience with nucleic acid drugs, particularly pDNA or mRNA, is desirable but not necessary
- Excellent domain expertise and ability to independently identify resources required to build internal analytical capabilities
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.