We are seeking an experienced Senior Facilities and Research Operations Specialist to support day-to-day operations in a fast pace and rapidly expanding work environment. This individual will assure the effective functioning of the facility to provide a safe and efficient working environment for employees.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day facilities support including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements
- Supervise maintenance, calibration, and repair of facilities and equipment
- Maintenance and emergency repair of all facilities and lab equipment systems. Typical equipment would include, but is not limited to: autoclaves, centrifuges, ultra-filtration equipment, incubators, HVAC, HEPA filters, high purity water systems, sanitary distribution systems, steam, chilled water, process gases, and EMS/BMS/Security control systems
- Manage all facilities requests for service through online ticket system, including delegation and follow up with team members
- Develop and revise Standard Operating Procedures and job plans for all facilities and research operations responsibilities
- Support relationship with property management, including the generation and tracking of service requests
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships including scheduling service and verifying work completion
- Obtain quotes from vendors and suppliers, calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Generate and manage facilities related contracts/PO’s
- Monitor the overall appearance, safety and security of our facilities through regular observation and documented inspections
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency and work cross-functionally to coordinate personnel moves with IT and end users
- Assist Facilities management with budget development, forecasting and tracking of planned expenditures
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures
- Assist with development and maintenance of a working inventory control system for all facilities activities
- Support a safe, effective and compliant working environment by adhering to all health and safety standards and performing regular safety equipment checks
- Assist in physically managing hazardous waste, compressed gas cylinders and event set-up
- Participate in safety related programs and committee, including First Aid/CPR/AED training and certification
- Assist team with managing projects, special events and general tasks
- Evaluate current procedures and make appropriate changes to optimize the maintenance and energy program efficiency
- Manage various Facilities special projects and assignments on ad hoc and continuous basis
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required. BS or associate degree with technical training in facilities engineering preferred with a minimum of seven years progressive experience and increased responsibility in facilities within the biotech or pharmaceutical field (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Sound knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operations
- Solid computer and systems knowledge
- The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter with exceptional communication and time management skills
- Must be able to balance, bend, climb, crouch, reach, stand, sit and twist.
- Must have the finger dexterity to operate mechanical and office equipment as well as power tools as
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.