The Senior Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting responsibilities. The position requires that the candidate be a hands-on professional with a strong understanding of the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting. A SOX-compliant mindset, strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and desire and ability to identify, recommend and lead improvements is important.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for parts of the monthly financial close process which includes, but is not limited to, recording journal entries, reconciling balance sheet and expense accounts, and providing financial variance analysis
- Identify and research treatment for complex transactions and emerging accounting standards (SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, etc.) and assist with technical memo preparation
- Assist with management of quarterly reporting schedule and related deliverables
- Prepare key monthly reconciliations, including clinical trial accruals, fixed asset rollforward, prepaid expenses, etc.
- Examine contracts to summarize key terms and determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Adhere to internal control procedures, provide assistance in updating and improving documentation related to internal controls, and assist with annual SOX walkthroughs
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting and internal control policies as well as GAAP
- Participate in process improvements, financial system enhancements and special projects as needed
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with at least 5 years of progressive experience in an accounting role (an equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered)
- CPA strongly preferred
- Public company, biotech/pharmaceutical company, and/or public accounting (Big 4 preferred) experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, coordinating priorities to meet deadlines. Must have ability to set own pace and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines and adapt to changing work priorities
- Results oriented with strong accounting, financial, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong organization, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively with employees of different levels
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage highly confidential material in an appropriate manner
- Must have an understanding of financial accounting systems and processes
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate-to-advanced Excel skills
- Experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures in a SOX-compliant environment.
- Great Plains and Jaggaer experience a plus
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.