Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding Scientist to join our Nanotechnology group in San Diego, CA. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop delivery tools for gene therapy applications in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene insertion and editing technology. This role will develop novel lipid nanoparticle formulations for delivering Poseida’s proprietary nucleic acid technologies. The candidate will work closely with synthetic chemistry, pharmacology, and molecular biology teams to discover promising nanoformulations for clinical in vivo and ex vivo gene therapy applications.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Lead DoE-based screening campaigns directed toward discovering LNP formulations able to mediate high efficiency gene insertion and/or gene editing in vivo
- Work closely with synthetic chemistry team to probe structure-function relationships for novel lipids and related materials in nucleic acid LNPs
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD in, bioengineering, pharmaceutical science, material science, chemistry, or related field with 0-8 years of experience developing LNP formulations in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Strong experience formulating and characterizing lipid nanoparticles (LNP) encapsulating nucleic acids, demonstrated through publication record and/or work in a relevant drug discovery setting
- Strong hands-on expertise in basic analytical and biophysical methods used for characterization of nanoparticle formulations, particularly size, morphology, zeta potential, and nucleic acid encapsulation/release
- Experience using design of experiment (DoE) and relevant statistical software packages for formulation development
- Familiarity with in vivo pharmacology and ADMET concepts as they relate to nucleic acid nanoparticle drugs
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working in a multidisciplinary team environment with scientists and external collaborators
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.