Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Gene Therapy team. The Non-Oncology CAR-T Cell Scientist will play a key role in advancing exploratory gene therapy programs that leverage our cutting-edge piggyBac® DNA Modification technology.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Use our proprietary gene therapy platform technologies to create new human therapeutic candidates
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment to perform experiments, analyze results, and communicate findings in team meetings
- Apply your strong background in T cell biology to developing the next generation of targeted CAR-T cells for non-oncology indications
- Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in T cell immunology and hematology
- May manage 1-2 Research Technicians or Research Associates
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, or related field with at least 2 years of hands-on experience with human T cells (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Prior experience in the generation and characterization of CAR-T products is required
- Demonstrated expertise in ex vivo culture and manipulation of primary T cells
- Previous experience with functional assays measuring cell activation, cytokine release, proliferation and killing
- Strong working knowledge of preclinical animal models and in vivo study design
- Proficiency with multi-parameter flow cytometry and FACS analysis software
- Prior experience with non-viral gene delivery methods is a plus
- Understanding of transplantation biology and/or previous experience with gene therapy or hematopoietic stem cells is a plus
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.