Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding and self-motivated Research Technician or Research Associate to join our Nanotechnology group in San Diego, CA. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop delivery tools for gene therapy applications in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology. This person will be engaged in in vivo activities directed toward discovery and characterization of novel nanoparticle and other proprietary systems for delivering nucleic acids and proteins for the purpose of in vivo gene therapy.
- Work under senior scientific staff to execute in vivo studies in mice and rats, including animal dosing, tissue collection, and assays.
- Assist with management of day-to-day vivarium operations, including interfacing with vivarium/ husbandry staff, ordering animals, managing mouse colonies, and recordkeeping.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS or MS in biology, molecular/cell biology, or pharmacology, or 5+ years relevant job experience.
- 2 years+ hands-on experience working in a drug development setting with experimental rodent species (mice and rats).
- Extensive hands-on expertise in routine small animal techniques, particularly tail vein injection, submandibular venipuncture, induction/maintenance of anesthesia, whole body perfusion, and necropsy/tissue collection, is necessary.
- Prior experience in developing and using in vivo imaging techniques, particularly BLI, is necessary.
- Good familiarity with principles of pharmacokinetic and toxicological studies in context of drug development.
- Prior experience in primary cell isolation and culture (hepatocytes, bone marrow, lymphocytes) desirable but not necessary.
- Advanced in vivo techniques, including aseptic surgical techniques, tumor cell inoculation, venous/arterial cannulation, in vivo electroporation, and intravital microscopy are preferable.
- Preferable experience in basic in vitro/ex vivo assays for assessing pharmacodynamic endpoints, including ELISA, Western blot, flow cytometry, and high content imaging.
- Familiarity with USDA, PHS, and AAALAC guidance on use of animals in research.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills