Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding and self-motivated Research Technician or Research Associate to join our Nanotechnology group in San Diego, CA. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop delivery tools for gene therapy applications in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology. This person will be engaged in in vivo activities directed toward discovery and characterization of novel nanoparticle and other proprietary systems for delivering nucleic acids and proteins for the purpose of in vivo gene therapy.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Work under senior scientific staff to execute in vivo studies in mice and rats, including animal dosing, tissue collection, and assays.
- Assist with management of day-to-day vivarium operations, including interfacing with vivarium/ husbandry staff, ordering animals, managing mouse colonies, and recordkeeping.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS or MS in biology, molecular/cell biology, or pharmacology, or 5+ years relevant job experience.
- 2 years+ hands-on experience working in a drug development setting with experimental rodent species (mice and rats).
- Extensive hands-on expertise in routine small animal techniques, particularly tail vein injection, submandibular venipuncture, induction/maintenance of anesthesia, whole body perfusion, and necropsy/tissue collection, is necessary.
- Prior experience in developing and using in vivo imaging techniques, particularly BLI, is necessary.
- Good familiarity with principles of pharmacokinetic and toxicological studies in context of drug development.
- Prior experience in primary cell isolation and culture (hepatocytes, bone marrow, lymphocytes) desirable but not necessary.
- Advanced in vivo techniques, including aseptic surgical techniques, tumor cell inoculation, venous/arterial cannulation, in vivo electroporation, and intravital microscopy are preferable.
- Preferable experience in basic in vitro/ex vivo assays for assessing pharmacodynamic endpoints, including ELISA, Western blot, flow cytometry, and high content imaging.
- Familiarity with USDA, PHS, and AAALAC guidance on use of animals in research.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.