Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding Research Technician or Research Associate to join our Nanotechnology group in San Diego, CA. This position offers an exciting opportunity to develop non-viral delivery tools for gene editing and gene therapy applications. This person will be engaged in discovery and characterization of novel nanoparticle systems for delivering nucleic acids and proteins.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Work under the direction of senior technical staff to analyze the physiochemical properties of nanoparticle and other complex formulations of nucleic acids.
- Apply the principles of pharmaceutical assay development to design novel methods for characterizing complex drug products and understanding their behavior in living systems.
- Share responsibility for basic lab management activities (supply ordering, instrument calibration, maintaining schedules).
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS or MS in bioengineering, molecular/cell biology, chemistry, or pharmacology.
- Excellent understanding of the assay development process.
- Prior experience in developing one of the following analytical methods is required: HPLC, LC/MS, NMR, nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA), dynamic light scattering (DLS), Zeta potential measurement
- Prior experience in protein methods, including tissue homogenization/extraction, ELISA, Western blot, PAGE, immunoprecipitation, SPR, and capillary electrophoresis are desirable but not necessary.
- Prior experience in basic nucleic acid methods, including DNA/mRNA quantification, in situ hybridization, mRNA preparation, plasmid cloning and preparation is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce consistent results.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.