Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding Research Technician or Research Associate to join our Nanotechnology group in San Diego, CA. This position offers an exciting opportunity to develop non-viral delivery tools for gene editing and gene therapy applications. This person will be engaged in discovery and characterization of novel nanoparticle systems for delivering nucleic acids and proteins.
- Work under the direction of senior technical staff to analyze the physiochemical properties of nanoparticle and other complex formulations of nucleic acids.
- Apply the principles of pharmaceutical assay development to design novel methods for characterizing complex drug products and understanding their behavior in living systems.
- Assume responsibility for basic lab management activities (supply ordering, instrument calibration, maintaining schedules).
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS or MS in bioengineering, molecular/cell biology, chemistry, or pharmacology.
- Excellent understanding of the assay development and validation process.
- Prior experience with particle-based characterization (NTA, DLS/Zeta, SEM) or advanced analytical methods (LC/MS, NMR, DSC).
- Prior experience in ELISA and other plate-based cell and protein assays is required.
- Prior experience in protein methods, including tissue homogenization/extraction, Western blot, PAGE, immunoprecipitation is required; experience in advanced protein methods (SPR, capillary electrophoresis, LC/MS) desirable but not necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce consistent results.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills