Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our immuno-oncology team at La Jolla, San Diego, CA. The Research Technician (RA) will possess a Bachelor’s degree in the field of immunology, molecular biology, or related field. Prior hands-on experience cloning and/or tissue culture of cell lines is required. Research studies will support the development of CAR-T cellular therapies against cancer and involve bench work, laboratory studies, and the coordination of research projects with the assistance of a senior lab member and/or the lab director. Studies may include work with molecular biology and cloning techniques, tissue culture of human cell lines, isolation of cells from blood products, virus production, in vitro human cell based immunoassays, and cell separation techniques. The candidate will have good oral and written communication skills, and will work with minimal supervision in the laboratory to manage daily research projects, collect data, and prepare reports.
These may include but are not limited to:
- BS in the field of immunology, molecular biology, or related field
- Knowledge of cellular principles, technologies, and experimental techniques (cell culture, etc…)
- Molecular biology, Cloning and PCR technologies, genetic manipulation
- Cell separation techniques (e.g., magnetic beads, Miltenyi AutoMACS)
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present data to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in the characterization, culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells
- Electroporation techniques and technologies (Plasmid DNA, in vitro transcribed mRNA)
- Functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry and proficiency in FACS data analysis programs
- Demonstrated track record in successfully developing and employing in vitro/in vivo models
- Genetic manipulation using CRISPRs, TALENs, or ZFNs
- Viral vector design and transduction techniques (retroviral, lentiviral)
- Expertise in murine tumor models (genetically engineered or syngeneic)
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.