Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Gene Therapy team. The Research Technician will support development of novel CAR-T cell therapies for non-oncology indications. Under general supervision, the ideal candidate will design and execute experiments, analyze data, and synthesize results for presentation.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Use our proprietary gene therapy platform technologies to support development of new human therapeutic candidates
- Work under the supervision of one or more Senior Scientists to perform experiments involving various cell and molecular biology techniques including ex vivo culture and manipulation of primary human cells
- Synthesize experimental results and report to multidisciplinary groups
- Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in the gene therapy and gene editing fields
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities, as required.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS in cell biology, immunology or related field, with one to three years of industry experience (an equivalent of education and experience may be considered)
- Expertise with a range of molecular and cell biology techniques including, qRT-PCR, mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry
- Prior hands-on experience with culture of primary human cells is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and manage time effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.