Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist to join our Gene Therapy team at our San Diego, CA, location. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to develop new gene editing and gene therapy products in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology. The Research Scientist will have a PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, cell biology, hematology, immunology or related field. Primarily, the role will:
- Use our proprietary gene therapy platform technologies, including XTNTM and RTNTM TALEN, NextGENTM CRISPR, piggyBacTM and Footprint-FreeTM Gene Editing to create new human therapeutic candidates
- Evaluate diverse approaches to optimize gene editing and gene transfer into primary cells, including in vitro experiments, transplant models and preclinical animal studies
- Analyze data and report to multidisciplinary groups
- Attend scientific meetings, present results and evaluate and report on research
- Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in the gene therapy and gene editing fields
- Manage 1-2 Research Technicians or Research Associates
- Report to the Senior Director of Gene Therapy
Required Experience and Skills:
- PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, cell biology, hematology, immunology or other relevant field.
- Established publication record and deep understanding of their field.
- Extensive experience is preferred within at least one of the following fields: cell product development, immunotherapy, gene editing, Treg biology, in vivo gene delivery.
- Expertise with in vitro cellular assays and in vivo murine models is highly desirable.
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry and immune-staining (IHC/IFC).
- Demonstrated expertise in gene editing and genome engineering.
- Basic knowledge of gene delivery techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytic skills and great trouble-shooting ability are required.
- Must be passionate about performing research that may lead to the treatment or cure of human disease.