Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist to join our Gene Therapy team at our San Diego, CA, location. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to develop new gene editing and gene therapy products in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Use our proprietary gene therapy platform technologies, including XTNTM and RTNTM TALEN, CasCloverTM CRISPR, piggyBacTM and Footprint-FreeTM Gene Editing to create new human therapeutic candidates
- Evaluate diverse approaches to optimize gene editing and gene transfer into primary cells, including in vitro experiments, transplant models and preclinical animal studies
- Analyze data and report to multidisciplinary groups
- Attend scientific meetings, present results and evaluate and report on research
- Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in the gene therapy and gene editing fields
- Manage 1-2 Research Technicians or Research Associates
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, cell biology, hematology, immunology or other relevant field (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Established publication record and deep understanding of their field.
- Extensive experience is preferred within at least one of the following fields: cell product development, immunotherapy, gene editing, Treg biology, ex vivo and in vivo gene delivery.
- Expertise with in vitro cellular assays and in vivo murine models is highly desirable.
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry and immune-staining (IHC/IFC).
- Demonstrated expertise in gene editing and genome engineering.
- Basic knowledge of gene delivery techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytic skills and great trouble-shooting ability are required.
- Must be passionate about performing research that may lead to the treatment or cure of human disease.
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.