Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our immuno-oncology team in San Diego, CA. The Cell Engineering Scientist will be a key technology leader in leveraging our gene engineering technologies (piggyBac® DNA Modification System and Cas-CLOVER™) to create cutting edge oncology therapeutics.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Work in a collaborative cross-functional team environment, performing experiments, organizing and analyzing results, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings.
- Focus on genetic manipulation of primary T cells using transposon and gene editing systems for allogeneic products and assays for characterization of resulting allogeneic CAR-T
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD or equivalent in cellular biology, molecular biology, immunology, or related field with 1 plus years of experience with allogenic CAR-T therapies (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Demonstrated expertise in the genetic manipulation of primary human T cells using the latest gene editing tools (CRISPRs, TALENs and/or ZFNs)
- Experience with generation of CAR-T using transposon systems, CRISPRs, viral transduction and/or other systems
- Molecular biology, Cloning, PCR, NGS
- Electroporation techniques and technologies (Plasmid DNA, IVT RNA)
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry and proficiency in FACS data analysis programs
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of cellular and/or tumor immunology principles, technologies, and experimental techniques (cell culture, in vitro cellular assays, flow cytometry, etc…)
- Functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing
- Experience with cell separation technologies (e.g., Miltenyi AutoMACS) and FACS sorting is a plus
- Strong understanding of transplantation biology and the role of histocompatibility antigens is a plus
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.