Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our immuno-oncology team. The Scientist will design and perform experiments for the development of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T cell therapies against cancer. Investigation will focus on in vitro human cell based immunoassays and the coordination of in vivo rodent models of malignancy. The position will play a critical role in the evaluation and identification of lead CAR technologies for clinical evaluation.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Design and perform experiments for development of CAR-T cell therapies
- Assess activity of CAR-T cells with in vitro human cell based immunoassays and coordination of in vivo rodent models
- Hands-on, laboratory-based role with the possibility of direct reports
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD or equivalent in immunology, molecular biology, or related field and 2 plus years of experience in the field (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Hands-on experience developing, testing, and/or utilizing CARs
- Broad expertise in cellular immunology, tumor immunology, molecular biology, and flow cytometry
- Expertise in the characterization, culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells
- A detailed knowledge of cellular and/or tumor immunology principles, technologies, and experimental techniques (cell culture, in vitro cellular assays, flow cytometry, etc…)
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry and proficiency in FACS data analysis programs
- Functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing
- Molecular biology, Cloning and PCR technologies, genetic manipulation
- Electroporation techniques and technologies (Plasmid DNA, IVT RNA)
- Cell separation technologies (e.g., Miltenyi AutoMACS) and FACS sorting
- Demonstrated track record in successfully developing and employing in vitro/in vivo models
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.