Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for an outstanding Research Associate to join our Nanotechnology group. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop delivery tools for gene therapy applications in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology. This person will be engaged in in vivo activities directed toward discovery and characterization of novel nanoparticle and other proprietary systems for delivering nucleic acids and proteins for in vivo gene therapy.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Execute studies in mice and rats in support of in vivo screening and pharmacology projects.
- Run plate-based assays for assessing protein concentration and function
- Assist with management of day-to-day vivarium operations, including interfacing with vivarium/ husbandry staff, ordering animals, colony management, and recordkeeping.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS in biology, molecular/cell biology, or pharmacology with 3 plus years (or MS with 0 plus years) of experience working in a biopharmaceutical drug discovery/development setting with experimental rodent species (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise in routine small animal techniques, particularly tail vein injection, submandibular venipuncture, induction/maintenance of anesthesia, whole body perfusion, and necropsy/tissue collection, is necessary
- Prior experience executing routine pharmacological endpoint assays, including ELISA, in vivo bioluminescence imaging (BLI), luciferase activity, flow cytometry, Western blotting, PCR, and high content imaging is desired
- Direct experience in rodent models of at least one of the following diseases are necessary: inborn errors of metabolism, hepatofibrotic and other liver disorders, solid or blood cancers, hemoglobin-linked disorders, neuromuscular disease, or cystic fibrosis
- Familiarity with USDA, PHS, and AAALAC guidance on use of animals in research
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Travel between Poseida and vivarium (1.5 miles)
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
TO APPLY SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO JOBS@POSEIDA.COM.