Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Gene Therapy team. The Research Associate will play a key role in advancing exploratory gene therapy programs that leverage our cutting-edge piggyBac® DNA Modification technology.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in our proprietary gene therapy platform technologies to create new human therapeutic candidates
- Develop and perform research involving various in vitro and animal laboratory techniques including ELISA, cell/tissue isolations, microscopy, in vivo procedures and animal imaging
- Understand and analyze results, and communicate findings in team meetings
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities, as required
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS with at least 3 plus years or MS with 0 plus years experience in the field of immunology, molecular biology, or related field
- Hands-on expertise with in in vivo murine models.
- Experience with various pharmacodynamic endpoint assays (e.g. multi-parameter flow cytometry, immune-staining (IHC/IFC), ELISA, Western blot and high content imaging).
- Preferable experience with using in vivo imaging techniques, particularly BLI.
- Experience with in vivo electroporation in animal studies is desirable.
- Capability to multi-task, be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Critical thinking, analytic skills and trouble-shooting ability.
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.