Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an outstanding Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager is a key member of the team and will work closely with our Medical Director and will partner with internal team leaders to help drive one or more of products through development. The ideal candidate will identify, implement, and organize programs across cross-functional teams. The Project Manager will collaborate with teams to develop program strategy and timelines and track these through completion while ensuring integration with Corporate Project Plans.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Medical Director to execute product strategy from preclinical through development
- Establish and maintain project schedules to enable accurate development and execution of team strategy, objectives, and timelines
- Identify key deliverables from each function and inter-dependencies
- Ensure successful coordination of work assigned to members of the project teams, including Regulatory, Clinical Operations, Process Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Research, and Program Management
- Identify and help mitigate risks, conflicts and barriers to program success
- Develop timelines, budget and resource requirements for all projects and prospective projects under consideration
- Oversee and prepare and track project team budgets including resources and costs collaborating with Finance and other departments
- Identify project issues or resource gaps and facilitate resolutions
- Monitor and communicate project progress and variance through timeline management and deliverable summaries, provided to management as required
- Ensure project team activities and decisions are clearly communicated, documented and archived, act as a primary contact for project team related information
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross functional communication and decision making
- Assist in devising, analyzing and interpreting complex experiments to support projects
- Represent the company with vendors, potential partners and CROs, including contributing to contract development
- Responsible for leading high impact across functional initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS degree in life science or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of multi-disciplinary experience within pharmaceutical, life sciences, biotechnology industry with at least 5 years’ project management experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Must have both standard project management experience (organization, Gantt charts, budgeting etc.) and in-depth experience in basic/clinical science
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology including Gantt Charts, MS Project and Power Point.
- Excellent knowledge of overall drug development process with knowledge of key functions to include research, pre-clinical, toxicology, regulatory, PD, PK, clinical research and manufacturing
- Proven experience managing Industry and IND-enabling projects
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Complex problem solving abilities with focus on accomplishing company goals and objectives in a dynamic business environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication and negotiation skills are essential
- Strong leader with focus and drive to succeed—confidence, passion, results oriented and high energy
- Ability to present thoughts clearly and concisely to a wide variety of stakeholders including senior management, directors, and corporate partners
- Gene or cell therapy experience preferred
- Assay development experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.