Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our IT team. We are recruiting for an experienced Network and Security Administrator who can plan the future growth and expansion of our computer network. The Network and Security Administrator will be responsible for maintaining our current network infrastructure and implementing new technology solutions to ensure corporate data security and smooth operation of networks for laboratory and office users. The ideal candidate for this position is certified to work with Ruckus networking equipment and is well-versed in Windows-based cloud and on-premise computing solutions.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Fully support, configure and maintain the corporate network infrastructure and in-house servers
- Installation and integration new server hardware and applications
- Monitor and tune network performance and allocation of network resources
- Ensure network security and connectivity including routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security
- Evaluate security posture and make recommendations to mitigate security risks
- Define network and security policies and procedures
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords (Office 365, Active Directory and Exchange)
- Assist IT staff with corporate helpdesk and ongoing technical support of end users in both corporate and laboratory environments
- Research and make recommendations on new server and software solutions to support business processes
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Enterprise software deployment
- Enterprise backup and recovery, including disaster recovery
- Enterprise IP-based telephony systems
- Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work
- Maintain inventory of equipment, software and ensure license compliance
- Documentation of internal network and security procedures
- Laboratory systems implementation, maintenance and ongoing support
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field required with a minimum of 5 years’ successful network troubleshooting experience (an (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Experience with corporate helpdesk systems and end user technical support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision
- Proven experience managing a large and complex network
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Strong safety record and a history of establishing safe work practices
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, Active Directory, and OS security
- Familiarity with risk and compliance.
- The ability to explain technical matter clearly and accurately is a must
- Office365, VMware virtualization and terminal services knowledge
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, a plus
- May require flexibility of work schedule to accommodate system and network upgrades after normal business hours
- Must be physically capable to lift up to 50 pounds
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.