Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to build and lead our outsourcing and supplier governance capabilities across all vendor types. This will include establishing an outsourcing strategy across all business units and leading outsourcing activities including RFI and RFP processes, negotiation of vendor budgets, SOWs, and change orders. This role will lead and facilitate vendor oversight meetings including the creation and management of key performance indicators and quality metrics.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Create and define overall outsourcing strategy, including potential preferred provider relationships, negotiated rate cards, volume discounts, etc.
- Lead RFI and RFP processes in selection of new vendors
- Lead vendor selection and qualification processes
- Manage vendor budget negotiation and change control process; negotiate SOW and budgets for change orders
- Oversee and lead supplier governance activities; coordinate executive oversight meetings and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and performance metrics; facilitate early escalation of cross-functional vendor issues; track and ensure timely resolution of vendor quality and performance issues
- Create, track, and report vendor KPIs and performance metrics; partner with internal teams and functional areas to create and manage risk mitigation plans or corrective action plans for vendor performance or quality issues
- Partner with business and study team representatives to create and maintain delegation of responsibility documents
- Create and maintain outsourcing/vendor oversight standards and templates
- Partner with Finance to create standard vendor budget and SOW templates; manage and track POs and current spend, vendor accruals and projections; and update vendor budget information for annual budget and LRP processes
- Facilitate vendor invoice review and approval process
- Track vendor contract timelines; initiate renewal process as needed
- Ensure completion of vendor close-out activities and final financial reconciliation at end of engagement
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 10 years of work experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry and 3 years direct experience in outsourcing and supplier governance (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Business acumen and advanced negotiation skills
- Expert knowledge of FDA and ICH GxP regulations and guidelines
- Excellent people leader with strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Track record of strong personal performance combined with demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing teams in a fast growth environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced team environment
- Travel may be required up to 15% of the time
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.