Poseida Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional Director of Accounting who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting functions including the financial close process, internal and external reporting, maintenance of effective internal controls, and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. This role reports to the Vice President, Finance.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements (and related footnote disclosures) in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations, journal entries, and other documents to ensure this compliance
- Provide technical accounting support and research for advanced GAAP or SEC topics. This includes identification of upcoming accounting pronouncements that will impact the Company, leading the implementation projects for those new standards and communicating to management
- Coordinate and oversee activities relative to internal controls documentation
- Interface with external auditors, including preparation of audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiries, ensuring any audit issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Prepare requests related to tax compliance and tax provision support
- Engage and coordinate the work of various service providers as needed
- Seek to improve processes, make recommendations to company leaders to improve the efficiency and accuracy of operations, and lead efforts to streamline and automate where possible
- Assess, implement and maintain accounting systems and business tools.
- Manage and complete special projects as required
- 8+ years of progressive combined public and private industry accounting related experience; industry experience in biotechnology strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA and Public Accounting experience preferred
- Strong technical understanding of accounting and auditing regulations
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; in addition financial, equity, payroll and purchasing software, including Equity Edge and Great Plains
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to quickly adapt to change