Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to build and lead our contracting capabilities as part of our procurement functional area. This will include contract negotiation and management across the company including vendor agreements, clinical trial agreements, change orders, supply agreements, and other legal documents.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting and negotiating vendor contracts and change orders
- Reviewing and finalizing clinical trial agreements
- Reviewing and finalizing procurement and supply agreements
- Developing templates for MSAs, work orders, CTAs, and other legal documents
- Select, implement, and oversee a contract management system
- Develop SOPs and business processes to support the contracting process
- Reviewing and revising business documents and working closely with business teams to accomplish company goals and improving legal processes and procedures
- Developing and improving processes that support contracting with our vendors, suppliers, and collaborators
- Advising on the various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to contracts
- Partnering with R&D, supply chain, manufacturing, finance, procurement, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Law degree (JD or equivalent) from an accredited law school and a license to practice in a minimum of one state in the U.S.
- Member of the CA bar or able to practice as an in-house attorney under CA out-of-state attorney rules
- 6+ years of relevant legal experience including a minimum of 2 years experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical related company
- Proven experience and firm understanding of drafting and executing contracts within a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Ability to quickly assess complicated contract and vendor situations and articulate specific recommendations based on facts, the law and first hand experience
- Strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, and high level of responsiveness to competing deadlines
- Good sense of judgment and practical business mind to balance competing legal and business considerations to obtain practical solutions and business-oriented results
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, clear written and verbal communication skills, and strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced team environment
- Experience with identifying, implementing and managing a contract management system is preferred
- Travel may be required up to 5% of the time
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.