Poseida is seeking several outstanding candidates to lead and grow our CAR-T research programs. Multiple Associate Directors and/or Directors are sought for our allogeneic, solid tumor, hematologic cancer, and R&D (platform and early process development discovery) programs. These positions will have direct reports and report to Senior Director of Immuno-Oncology.
- The Associate Director/Director of the allogeneic CAR-T program will have specific expertise in the areas of CAR-T, transplantation and GVHD, as well as T cell biology and engraftment. The AD will lead and direct efforts to discover, validate, and advance the company’s next-generation fully allogeneic product candidates derived from healthy donors, allowing for the treatment of potentially hundreds of patients from a single manufacturing run. Units within the Allogeneic CAR-T group will consist of gene editing, CMC, and product-specific subgroups.
- The Associate Director/Director of the R&D program will focus on company Discovery and Exploratory efforts and has specific expertise in the areas of T cell biology, cellular metabolism, platform and assay development, molecular biology, gene engineering, and early biomarkers and process development. Each of these research focuses will be subgroups of teams within the R&D group.
- The Associate Director/Director of the Autologous CAR-T program will have specific expertise in the field of hematologic cancer biology. The AD will lead and expand efforts to discover, validate, and advance CAR-T products targeting hematologic cancers including B-ALL, CLL, multiple myeloma, DLBCL, NHL, and other areas of unmet need. Subgroups will further study liquid tumor biology and lead binder discovery programs.
- The Associate Director/Director of the Solid Tumor CAR-T program will have specific expertise in the field of solid tumor biology and the tumor immune microenvironment (TME). The AD will lead and expand efforts to discover, validate, and advance CAR-T products targeting solid tumors including the development of anti-TME molecular systems and technologies. Subgroups will further study the tumor microenvironment and lead binder discovery programs.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Oversee, direct, and further grow a team of highly creative and innovative scientists in the development of the Poseida next-generation CAR-T
- Advancement novel CAR-T products to IND submission and into phase I clinical testing
- Act as a liaison with essential internal functional groups and external collaborators and CROs
- Keep current on trends, new products, and technologies in CAR-T development
- Serve as a subject matter expert related to CAR-T and cellular therapy-related technologies and strategies
- Manage group to achieve project and organizational objectives via individualized goal-setting, oversight, feedback, technical direction, and coaching
- Work with senior management to ensure goals are aligned with our strategic direction
- Organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to senior management and key stakeholders
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD or equivalent in immunology, molecular biology, or related field and ≥ 8 years of relevant postgraduate experience in the field
- At least 5 years industry experience, as well as 2-5 years (Associate Director) or 5-10 years (Director) management experience
- Proven experience and a strong understanding of the IND process
- A detailed knowledge, publication record, and proven experience in the areas of cellular immunology, tumor immunology, molecular biology, and CAR-T development
- Expertise in the characterization, culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells as it pertains to the development, testing, and application of CARs in vitro and in vivo
- Demonstrated track record of effective management and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to present and defend positions and approaches critical to program progression and success
- Logical in thought and detail-focused
- Genetic manipulation using CRISPRs, TALENs, or ZFNs
- Electroporation techniques and technologies (Plasmid DNA, IVT RNA)
- Work with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.