Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that leverages proprietary next-generation, non-viral gene engineering technologies to create novel cell therapeutics. Poseida has developed a suite of proprietary technologies that capitalize on the benefits of TSCM cells and that address shortcomings of early-generation CAR-T therapies.
Poseida is seeking outstanding candidates to lead and grow our CAR-T research programs. Multiple Associate Directors are sought for our allogeneic, solid tumor, hematologic cancer, and R&D (platform and early process development discovery) programs. These positions will have direct reports and report to Senior Director of Immuno-Oncology.
The Associate Director of the allogeneic CAR-T program will have specific expertise in the areas of CAR-T, transplantation and GVHD, as well as T cell biology and engraftment. The AD will lead and direct efforts to discover, validate, and advance the company’s next-generation fully allogeneic product candidates derived from healthy donors, allowing for the treatment of potentially hundreds of patients from a single manufacturing run. Units within the Allogeneic CAR-T group will consist of gene editing, CMC, and product-specific subgroups.
The Associate Director of the R&D program will focus on company Discovery and Exploratory efforts and has specific expertise in the areas of T cell biology, cellular metabolism, platform and assay development, molecular biology, gene engineering, and early biomarkers and process development. Each of these research focuses will be subgroups of teams within the R&D group.
The Associate Director of the Autologous CAR-T program will have specific expertise in the field of hematologic cancer biology. The AD will lead and expand efforts to discover, validate, and advance CAR-T products targeting hematologic cancers including B-ALL, CLL, multiple myeloma, DLBCL, NHL, and other areas of unmet need. Subgroups will further study liquid tumor biology and lead binder discovery programs.
The Associate Director of the Solid Tumor CAR-T program will have specific expertise in the field of solid tumor biology and the tumor immune microenvironment (TME). The AD will lead and expand efforts to discover, validate, and advance CAR-T products targeting solid tumors including the development of anti-TME molecular systems and technologies. Subgroups will further study the tumor microenvironment and lead binder discovery programs.
- Oversee, direct, and further grow a team of highly creative and innovative scientists in the development of the Poseida next-generation CAR-T
- Oversee and direct advancement of novel CAR-T to IND submission and into phase I clinical testing
- Act as a liaison with essential internal functional groups and external collaborators and CROs
- Keep current on trends, new products, and technologies in CAR-T development
- Serve as a subject matter expert related to CAR-T and cellular therapy-related technologies and strategies
- Manage group to achieve project and organizational objectives via individualized goal-setting, oversight, feedback, technical direction, and coaching
- Work with senior management to ensure goals are aligned with our strategic direction
- Organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to senior management and key stakeholders
Required Experience and Skills:
- PhD or equivalent in immunology, molecular biology, or related field and ≥ 8 years of relevant postgraduate experience in the field
- At least 2-5 years management experience, and at least 5 years industry experience
- Proven experience and a strong understanding of the IND process
- A detailed knowledge, publication record, and proven experience in the areas of cellular immunology, tumor immunology, molecular biology, and CAR-T development
- Expertise in the characterization, culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells as it pertains to the development, testing, and application of CARs in vitro and in vivo
- Demonstrated track record of effective management and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to present and defend positions and approaches critical to program progression and success
- Logical in thought and detail-focused
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Genetic manipulation using CRISPRs, TALENs, or ZFNs
- Electroporation techniques and technologies (Plasmid DNA, IVT RNA)
- Work with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations
Please see our latest press release describing updated data from our clinical trial evaluating P-BCMA-101, a non-virally produced stem cell memory CAR-T product for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: