Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to lead and develop our Allogeneic CAR-T research program. The Associate Director/Director of the Allogeneic CAR-T program will have specific expertise in the areas of CAR-T and drug development, T cell biology, cancer biology, and allogeneic cellular therapy. He/she will direct efforts to develop and advance Poseida’s allogeneic product candidates that are manufactured from healthy donor T cells, allowing for the treatment of potentially hundreds of patients from a single manufacturing run. Working cross-functionally and collaborating with individuals and functions both within Poseida and at third parties, he/she will drive activities to ensure effective planning, execution, and interpretation of experiments to meet internal and external requirements. The Allogeneic CAR-T group is a member of the Immuno-Oncology Department, which is one of currently four major departments within the R&D Division of Poseida. This position will have direct reports and report to the Senior Director of Immuno-Oncology.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Direct and further develop a team of highly creative and innovative scientists
- Develop and advance novel allogeneic CAR-T products through IND study and into the clinic
- Act as a liaison with essential internal functional groups and external collaborators and CROs
- Keep current and serve as subject matter expert related to allogeneic CAR-T related technologies, trends, products and strategies
- Manage project and organizational objectives via individualized goal setting, oversight, feedback, technical direction and coaching
- Work with senior management to ensure goals are aligned with the strategic direction
- Organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to senior management and key stakeholders
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- PhD or equivalent in immunology, transplant biology, molecular biology, or related field and ≥ 8 years of relevant postgraduate experience
- At least 2 years industry experience, and 2-5 years (Associate Director) or 5-10 years (Director) management experience preferred
- A detailed knowledge, publication record, and proven experience in the areas of cellular immunology, gene editing, tumor immunology, molecular biology, and CAR-T development
- Expertise in the characterization and manipulation of T cells as it pertains to the development, testing, and application of CARs both in vitro and in vivo
- Proven experience and a strong understanding of the IND process preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to present and defend positions and approaches critical to program progression and success
- Logical in thought and detail-focused
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.