The Director of Nanotechnology (DoN) will focus on efforts to lead the Nanotechnology Group at Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. (Poseida), with respect to daily management, scientific direction, and strategy in order to impact how Poseida develops, delivers, and commercializes new therapeutic solutions in the gene editing space. She/he will oversee the Nanotechnology Group’s efforts to develop programs in polymer and lipid chemistry, nanoparticle fabrication, as well as in vitro and in vivo delivery of gene editing tools. She/he will also help guide studies in preclinical murine models and will join the relevant Poseida early-stage Product Development teams to facilitate clinical translation. As needed, the DoN will provide coordination and integration with other teams at Poseida, including the Immuno-oncology and Gene Therapy Groups. The DoN will further be responsible for external scientific congress planning and support.
- Collaborate with Poseida’s Leadership in Pre-clinical and Clinical Research and in Early Development and Discovery to develop the Scientific Leadership strategy
- Lead the Nanotechnology Group comprised of Senior Scientists and Research Associates with diverse backgrounds in lipid and polymer chemistry, nanoparticle fabrication, gene therapy, and preclinical development on executing the Scientific Leadership strategy as it pertains to the development of nonviral vectors and nanoparticle delivery vehicles
- Attract, retain and develop any direct report talent
- Establish areas of competitive and future interest for Poseida in the gene editing and gene therapy space
- Develop individual relationships with global leaders through scientific dialogue pertinent to Poseida’s interests
- Participate in Poseida-created scientific input forums (consultants meetings and scientific advisory boards)
- Support and plan Poseida activities at major scientific congresses (i.e.: ASGCT, ASCO, AACR, ESMO, ASH, etc.), including collection of competitive intelligence
- Ensure relationships with key professional societies and organizations as well as major academic medical centers
- Ensure existing Scientific Leaders relationship with Poseida scientists are sustained and strengthen via appropriate Scientific Leader engagement plans
- Maintain credibility by being on leading edge on state of science and shifts in clinical and treatment paradigms
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D., Sc.D., D.Eng, Pharm.D., or M.D./Ph.D.) in materials science, chemistry, pharmacy, or engineering-related field with post-doctoral experience in nanoparticle fabrication and delivery with a focus in gene editing and/or gene therapy
- Relevant academic and/or industry related research experience (5+ years, post-degree)
- 3+ years of academic and/or industry-related management experience
- Experience managing interactions with senior leaders
- Scientific publications in nanoparticle delivery, gene editing and/or nonviral gene therapy (with international recognition) are desirable.
- Experience conducting preclinical research and development of nanoparticle delivery vehicles and/or nonviral-based gene therapies – chemistry, in situ formulation development, in vitro optimization and in vivo testing of therapeutic outcomes
- Must be able to work in a complex organization environment and have ability to effectively lead in a team-oriented structure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written as well as oral), results-oriented project management, facilitation and consultative skills to influence decision making are required
- Poseida Therapeutics is translating best-in-class gene editing technologies into lifesaving treatments. The company is developing CAR T-cell immunotherapies for multiple myeloma and other cancer types, as well as gene therapies for orphan diseases. Poseida has assembled a suite of industry-leading gene editing technologies, including the piggyBac™ DNA Modification System, XTN™ TALEN and NextGEN™ CRISPR site-specific nucleases, and Footprint-Free™ Gene Editing (FFGE). For more information, visit www.poseida.com.